Domiciliary Care Manager - Bedford, Bedfordshire
BS Social Care is recruiting for a domiciliary service which is registered with the Care Quality Commission as a specialist domiciliary care company. Care is provided to adults aged 18 and over and there is no upper age limit. They care for people with a wide range of conditions.
Care is provided for those who need care and support due to frailty as well as specialist services for those with more complex needs. All staff is trained to care for individuals with a wide range of physical health needs, learning disabilities and mental health issue. They support those with coexisting conditions such as mental health diagnosis such as dementia or schizophrenia, with a learning a disability or complex physical health issues and learning disabilities.
Other services are provided by the company such as supported living and residential, however, your role will be to work and manage the domiciliary service only.
About the job; you will be the Manager of the whole domiciliary service. At the moment, the Director is the Registered Manager of both services in which the company offer; domiciliary and residential. However, once they have competent Managers in place, she wants to pass the registration over. Therefore, you will not start as the Registered Manager but you will then take that on as soon as you are ready to do so. You will work closely with all aspects of the service from the clients, to the staff and more. You will be responsible for the high standards of care to be maintained at all times and to provide a good work place for your employees. You will liaise with the MD on a regular basis and will deal with any concerns within the service and with all Seniors as and when needed.
For this role, we would like to ask for the following;
- A minimum of 2 years management experience in a domiciliary service
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social or equivalent qualification or be working towards
- Experience of managing an effective team
- Knowledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities and standards of the service including the need for the management and delivery of person centred services
- The needs of people who require care and support at home; best practice with regard to providing high quality person-centred care, for people with dementia, physical health needs, mental health needs and learning disabilities
- The law and regulations relating to domiciliary care services, confidentiality in relation to clients, staff and the company
- Risk assessments in homecare services
- Recognising abuse and following safeguarding procedures
We would also love you to have;
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- Organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to deal effectively with crises/emergencies
- IT literate competent use MS Office
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to effectively manage the performance of others
- Ability to motivate others to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognise and develop additional opportunities for the service and the people using it
- Ability to develop and promote positive working relationships with individual service users, their family and professional colleagues
- Ability to cope under pressure
- A positive attitude to change
- Work practice which promotes equality and diversity
We are offering a full time and permanent role paying up to £30,000. Care is provided between the hours of 7am - 10pm, however, you would of course not be expected to work from and to theses time, this is just giving you an idea of what hours your work hours will fall between. Therefore, there are no night calls. We also ask for you to share on the on call which results in you being called upon every 4-5 weeks (we try to keep this as a less as possible as we appreciate how hard it is to keep a work/life balance, esp in this sector!)
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Zoe Gunn via email; or call Zoe on 01604 631797.
If you do not meet the criteria or you know someone who is looking for a new role, please feel free to pass on my details or send this link to them.