Mechanical Design Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced/qualified Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established business
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD and associated control within Vault.
- Creation and checking of manufacturing and general assembly drawings.
- Analysis of mechanical systems using hand calculations and Finite Element techniques.
- Participate in reliability engineering studies (FMEA) to evaluate the design of components/assemblies.
- Evaluate design documents, diagrams, layouts, and drawings to be in compliance with customer specifications, industry standards and company procedures.
- Assist in the production of procedures and technical documentation for the clients.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Possess a good understanding of engineering principles to deliver engineering design solutions.
- Experience of component/material selection.
- Hands on experience in product development, design, and structural analysis, combined with good knowledge of industry and regulatory codes in offshore industry.
- Able to identify and work with colleagues to develop innovative proposals for new work.
- Take ownership of design, manufacturing, testing and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Understand general manufacturing and work closely with the production team to ensure efficient and cost-effective production of the product.
- Subsea/Oil & Gas experience an advantage but not essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To be considered for this role please click "apply now" and submit a copy of your updated CV
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82164319