Senior Materials Buyer - West London
Senior Materials Buyer - Commercial House Builder - West London - £40,000 - 50,000 + Car & package
This expanding business seeks an experienced and ambitious materials buyer to lead the development of this team and division.
After recently being named as one of the leading house builders in the country and as well as being FTSE 250 listed, this business are expecting to take on new heights and continue its growth. With this growth of the business, progression is expected into management with also the opportunity to develop a strong team around you.
Working as Senior Buyer within this Procurement team, you will subject to the following challenges:
- Ensuring the efficient running of the materials and sub-contract purchasing function and manage the control of all materials.
- Dealing with site issues and controlling the supply of raw materials to these sites and ensuring they are available on time.
- Providing support to junior buyers and managing the efficient running of the buying team.
- Managing and overseeing a material spend of £15 - 20 million.
To be successful for this role you must have:
- Experience in and show evidence of managing a team across a number of different on site projects.
- At least 2 years of experience working within a residential house builder as a materials buyer.
- Higher education achieved in a construction related subject or equivalent.
- CIPS membership
- Strong mathematical and communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet business deadlines
This is the perfect opportunity for an already experienced buyer to progress through a FTSE business and build into management.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your CV to
Keywords: Procurement, Purchasing, buying, buyer, raw materials, subcontract management, facades, concrete, construction, house building, London, West London, Degree