CATERING MANAGER - INDEPENDENT SCHOOL
Great opportunity to join one of the UK's leading catering and hospitality organisations in an exciting role with a wide span of autonomy.
My client is one of the UK's leading catering and hospitality specialists. They are looking for someone with experience within the Education sector and this role would suit someone who is a strong manager with excellent leadership skills who is looking to progress further.
Catering Manager - Independent School - Role Responsibility
As a Catering Manager you will be in full control of all aspects of the catering facility within the prestigious school. You will also have to liaise with, and build excellent relationships with the client and you will need to manage your business area effectively and ensure the best service, quality and KPI delivery across a range of services.
In the capacity of a Catering Manager you will:
- Build, develop and motivate your team to deliver the very best service and quality to the client
- Preparing and serving exceptional food from fresh ingredients â€¢ Menu planning and production
- Be knowledgeable about all health, safety & hygiene matters and drive these high standards through the team
- Implement and monitor the effective use of the Food Safety Management System.
- Maximise profit and business opportunities within your contract
- Develop the service offer and client relationship to grow the business areas covered under the contract
- Be fully P&L accountable and be able to manage cost and resources to deliver profit and margin targets
- Ensure all of your team is engaged, motivated and passionate about delivering the service that is expected
- Manage the catering provision for hospitality and events
- Able to develop and motivate a team
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Results orientated with impeccable standards around quality, service and presentation
- Substantial experience in catering
- Computer literate, numerate with very good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Previous Management experience within a food-led business
- Planning and organising skills
- Excellent attention to detail and standards
- Leadership skills with the ability to demonstrate a hands on approach to your work
- Excellent customer care skills
- Is positive, articulate and polished, and knows how to professionally interact with clients within their environment
- Expert at adapting style and behaviour to meet the needs of the situation