Geotechnical Technical Director
Technical Director, Geotechnical, Utilities business division
Location - Guildford, Surrey
Previous experience of working with a consultancy
This business has a requirement for an experience Geotechnical expert (Technical Director level) who has practical geotechnical work and design experience, to join the hugely successful and growing Geo-sciences business predominately working within the Utilities, Highways and Rail sectors, but also working on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK.
MEng in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical bias
Chartered Civil Engineer (MICE)
Desirable Academic Qualifications:
MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or related subject is desirable
- Experienced in all stages of the projects, from initial feasibility through to construction supervision and advice.
- Experienced as team leader or manager and supervising more junior members of staff
- To have a professional profile and reputation within the industry at a local level
- Experienced with preparation of geotechnical aspects of bids and business development
- Proven experience on large multi-disciplinary projects preferably in the UK
- Detailed geotechnical design and construction experience including foundations, retaining walls and slope stability assessments
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation
- Experience in ground investigation design and implementation
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as PDISP, WALLAP, REPUTE and SlopeW
- Good numerical skills and significant experience in the analysis of a wide range of geotechnical problems
- Client facing with good motivational and people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients particularly regarding technical issues
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience with regards to commercial aspects of projects
This business offers a fantastic working environment and CPD opportunities.