Senior Structural Engineer
My client are a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of £1-15m schemes. They have a vacancy for a project delivery role delivering Structural Engineering designs and managing the production of information for clients.
The role would suit an experienced (3-8 years) technical engineer with ambitions to progress their career to an Associate level. Full support will be provided to achieve their potential within a supportive and friendly environment. Experience of undertaking structural surveys would be an advantage.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Providing detailed technical input and ensuring quality of work output on projects requiring Detailed Structural Engineering Design.
- Report writing.
- To be involved in business development with a focus on the quality and interest of new business.
- Managing projects autonomously.
- To liaise with the client to agree the project specification, the timescale, the fee and the terms of engagement.
- To ensure that the project is undertaken to the specified budget and that all project-related fees and disbursements are accurately recorded and expediently recovered.
Candidates should meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Expertise in a range of relevant analytical software packages.
- Recent experience of detailed design for a variety of Structural Projects.
- In possession of, or working towards Chartership of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- A wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload.
- Significant opportunities within a growing company.
- A competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- High quality mentoring from experienced colleagues, and assistance in delivering workload from able, conscientious junior staff.