£30-35k plus excellent package
One of the most successful developers in the country have a position available for a buyer, with a business built up around quality and value they have seen a huge rise in profit and expansion in recent years. The company focusing on new build houses welcome creative and forward thinking individuals who can think on their own initiative and also work as part of a team.
This developer prides itself on quality and design and aims to provide thoughtful, exquisite homes on every development.
As a Buyer you will be required to cover the procurement of materials. The ideal candidate should be able to build relationships to arrange the best materials for various projects to be ordered, dealing with companies to find the best materials and prices will be key to being successful at this role. The ideal candidate should have a housing background and experience in this role is crucial as a good understanding of the market and the issues it faces is critical. It will require someone who can work under pressure, is keen to progress and is able to fit into a team. Assistant or trainee buyers will also be considered for this role.
- Collection of information regarding potential supply problems, price movements and market conditions
- Schedule materials
- Has good knowledge of Coins
- Send out enquiries for goods / services
- Produce cost analysis spread sheets for goods / services procured
- Work alongside the Quantity surveyor and Commercial Manager to service key clients and maintain the growth of the business.
- Maintain the Procurement Department's records and files
- Provide advice on products / services as and when requested by the Site team / Contracts Managers / Surveyors, etc to enable them to carry out their duties
- When directed liaise with the Quantity Surveyor providing cost information for tender purposes
This is a great opportunity in a role with a great progression path.
If you would like to apply for this role or require more information please email your CV to