Business Development Manager-Office supplies
Are you looking to join a well established local office supplies business?
Our client is a well established regional office supplies business, who have a friendly and open culture.
As a Business Development Manager, what does a typical day involve?
- Overseeing the development of the market
- Using initiative to explore new opportunities by researching the needs of other companies and pitch new proposals and pricing
- Attending networking events to understand trends and competitors
- Liaising with customers to build strong relationships
- Developing and implementing negotiation strategies for achieving sales targets
- Writing reports and feeding back to management
- Identifying new methods and opportunities for sales campaigns
- Get involved in training and recruitment when needed
So what experience and attributes do you need to be a success in this role?
- At least 3 years sales experienceExtensive knowledge of the Office Supplies or associated industry (copiers, franking machines), with at least 3 years' experience in this fieldAbility to think strategically within a multi-channel organisationBe commercially mindedStrong negotiator and ability to influence and communicate effectivelyAbility to work well under pressureAbility to multi-task whilst meeting deadlines and KPIs
What is the salary for the Business Development Manager role?
£32,000 to £35,000 basic, OTE £40 - £45,000 + car