Assistant Hotel Manager
Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Hotel Manager to join the team based in Bournemouth. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a highly competitive salary of up to £19,500 per annum.
The job in a nutshell
As our Assistant Hotel Manager you will provide the highest quality customer experience and maximise repeat business. You would be responsible for motivating and engaging a team in a specific area of the hotel such as housekeeping, reception or café bar, as well as deputising for the manager as required.
What you’ll be doing as our Assistant Hotel Manager
- Work with the manager to review customer feedback and insight reports and create action plans that will improve the customer experience
- Operate your area and the hotel in a way that promotes equality, diversity and inclusion
- Provide new starters with a great induction experience to set them up for success
- Train and develop your team by setting objectives and conducting regular performance and development reviews
- Assist with daily huddle meetings to ensure staff are focused on appropriate activities
- Assist the Hotel Manager to ensure all costs remain within budget in particular payroll, laundry and key operational costs
- Input forecast and target payroll hours into the people system and ensure that rotas are planned and communicated effectively
- Work with the Hotel Manager to ensure the hotel maximizes sales opportunities, providing insight and intelligence into any local events
- As our Assistant Hotel Manager you will maximise food and beverage sales (where applicable) by cross and up selling
- Ensure the team follow all company cash handling policies and carry out accurate reconciliation
- Ensure all maintenance jobs are logged promptly and work closely with Technical Services colleagues to ensure issues are resolved quickly
- Keep colleagues and customers safe by ensuring the hotel meets its legislative requirements
- Ensure that public area cleaning is completed
- Support other hotels within reasonable proximity when required & deputise for the Hotel Manager in her absence
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a large UK footprint but retain a small company feel. You can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do and every day is different. We value diversity and want you to bring your personality to work.
Reward and recognition
You will earn a competitive salary and be entered in the hotel bonus scheme. You can also expect to enjoy generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
Travelodge offer clear and transparent career paths so you are able to choose how far and how fast you want to go. You can expect a full induction and further training relevant to your role and skill requirement. We advertise all our vacancies internally and so you will have the opportunity to apply for a multitude of roles during your career at Travelodge.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Assistant Hotel Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!