Quantity Surveyor - Infrastructure Engineering Consultancy
Benefits and working conditions: £33,000 - £37,500 basic salary, 37 hour week with flexi-hours, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, matched pension.
Great opportunity to work in a commercial team for a leading Infrastructure Engineering Consultancy to be involved in a variety of projects and tasks.
This company is now focusing on significant growth within the business, for which the Commercial Team will play a significant role in supporting profitable, sustainable growth. The focus of the Commercial Team going forward is the growth and development of a high performing team of qualified and experienced members who are focussed on growing the company.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading multi-disciplinary Engineering Consultancy with a strong presence and challenging projects in the rail and civils industries across the UK.
The chosen Quantity Surveyor will support project delivery teams as part of the Commercial Function, taking a lead role in providing commercial support to projects and portfolios where allocated.
As Quantity Surveyor your typical duties will be to:
- Provide appropriate input and at project bid stage to ensure commercially robust tender submissions.
- Support the Project Management team in contract administration and cost/value management with the objective of creating profitable, sustainable growth for the business and in adherence to Project Delivery Manual (PDM ).
- Take the lead in providing commercial support within the project delivery teams, including management of other members of the commercial team allocated.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of cost monitoring and reporting measures appropriate to the size and complexity of individual projects to provide details on current expenditure and project value as well as provide robust forecasting of the same.
- Interface with lead engineers and other members of the project delivery team to capture commercial risks and opportunities and implement measures accordingly.
- Take an active role in Lead Engineer reviews in support of the Project Manager.
- Provide financial reporting to clients as may be required.
- Preparation and submission of applications for payment.
- Implementation of change control procedures as set out under the contract.
- Agreement of valuations for variations and final accounts in conjunction with the Project Manager and ensuring adherence to corporate governance.
- Early identification of potential conflicts and implementation of conflict avoidance measures as may be directed by line manager or Head of Commercial.
- Advise and assist in procurement of subcontract packages, including supplier selection and competitive tendering to ensure best value for money..
- Valuation of subcontractor applications for payment and preparation of Payment Notices and Pay Less Notices as may be appropriate.
- Management of subcontract change control process ensuring all risks and liabilities are carried forward to the Main Contract where possible.
- Take a lead role in claims scenario's where required.
- Contracts:- Experience of construction industry standard and/or Network Rail suite of contracts, with Particular benefit in knowledge of NEC 3 forms of contract.
- Team working:- Good team worker able to interact with other teams within the company to ensure effective delivery of projects
- Motivation:- Self-motivated team player. Able to work with the minimum of supervision
- IT:- Computer literate - Microsoft Office packages, ProjectWise, CMS
- Professional qualifications:- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
- Professional memberships:- Working towards MRICS status.
- Experience: - Experience of project delivery principles, through either quantity surveying or project management routes.
- Knowledge: - Good knowledge of quantity surveying/project management principles and standards, particularly contract administration and cost control.
You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position. If you are interested in applying please contact Samuel Merry at Resolute Recruit on or call 01332 34 55 66 or apply via the link.
All applications are kept confidential and will not be used without your permission.