Intermediate Civil 3D Modelling Technician
Civil 3D modeller is required to join this medium sized firm of consulting engineers.
The successful candidate will be required to assist the project BIM team under the direction of the BIM Manager, in accordance with any company and/or project specific standards and procedures. They work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects, both new build and refurbishments. The firm is located in Central London and this position is for a permanent position.
As an intermediate Civils Technician you will be responsible for managing project implementation (Technology, Policy, Process and People) and overseeing all BIM related activities relating to the project and will be expected to actively engage with the project team and collaborate with the discipline leads to ensure all models are accurately coordinated throughout the duration of the project.
They have a flexible and vibrant office environment in a very popular central London location. You will have the chance to work on different projects in different sectors at one time and will have internal progression.
The firm has a high workload and requires an individual who has live buildings structures project experience using Revit/Civils 3D. Excellent communication skills are essential and you should be able to take on tasks with little guidance - you should be capable of taking on workload with open hands.
- Work with minimal supervision in defined areas of responsibility
- Assume the lead modelling technician role on assigned projects and as a designated Client contact regarding BIM on projects
- Direct and Supervise other technician / draughtsman activities as required
- Ensure company and/or project
- Create, modify and review 3D models using computer aided design (CAD) applications including but not limited to: Civil 3D, Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD and 3D Studio Max;
- Be able to read and understand Architectural drawings and produce Structural models, drawings and details under the guidance of a Structural Engineer.
- Be able to model, draw and detail structural elements and create custom families where necessary.
- Produce models, layouts, detailed drawings, and schedules and when required produce visualisations from 3D models for use in technical reports, presentations and marketing material.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and perform clash analysis to ensure the ongoing coordination of the Civil Engineering and Structural Models throughout the project
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.