Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Associate Manager: £42,000
Job Type: Permanent
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What responsibilities will you have?
As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for creating complex enterprise ecommerce and other multi-channel retail solutions as a member of high energy and collaborative team. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including planning, technical design, construction, peer reviews, documentation, testing and deployment.
- Solve complex technical requirements or issues by leading analysis and development.
- Assist with the ongoing refinement of development and delivery methodology.
- Work with the latest tools and continually learn and develop your skill set.
- Develop client-facing skills working closely with our client business and technical teams.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Java 8/J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Apache SOLR, Gradle/ANT/Maven, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat.
- Experience in working in projects requiring extensive integration to backend systems and other 3rd party applications
- Experience in RESTful interface design.
- SQL Programming experience with at least one of the following databases: Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Basic knowledge of Linux or Unix systems.
- Experience in usage of a Git workflow and/or a web based repository manager like GitLab or Bitbucket.
- At least one Continuous integration system, e.g Jenkins
- Demonstrable knowledge of secure programing, OWASP Top 10, SANS 25
- If you have retail or ecommerce platform development experience, especially Hybris or Demandware, we want to hear from you.
- Experience with Ecommerce ecosystem products/platforms (Example: Search and Navigation, Reviews, Campaign Management, CMS,CRM, PIM, ERP, ESB).
- Knowledge of virtualised environments, e.g. Vagrant, VirtualBox and Docker.
- Knowledge of team collaboration tools.
- Experience in cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience in software release management.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
All applicants should be fully flexible between Monday and Friday and prepared to work at any of our client locations across the UK, this may mean staying away from home during the working week.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.