Construction Manager - Residential
We are one of the leaders in creating innovative benchmark family homes and basement conversions for private clients. We are recognised for our expertise in planning, design, construction and quality delivering. We currently employ around fifty people across the sites and at head office. Project sizes typically range between £500k - £1.5m+.
We are young, dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial seeking a likeminded individual for this exciting new role.
Reporting to the Construction Director (Partner) and directly managing and prioritising a small team of PM's and Site Managers. This new role will be the senior point of contact with clients or their agents covering, pre-construction, procurement, construction, handover and all post-handover issues including invoicing and final accounts.
- Manage Client expectations professionally but firmly
- Manage and prioritise projects, ensuring time lines and quality
- Oversee pre contract process and pricing as required
- Liaise closely with design and planning
- Ensure all contract and construction documentation in place
- Manage a team of 3/4 PM’s and site managers
- Control of site scheduling, planning and resourcing
- Link closely with sales, marketing , design and administration
- Ensure strong financial controls throughout
- Deliver through teams an excellent product, on time, specification and budget
A client facing construction professional with strong technical construction knowledge
- Smart, professional with great client management skills
- Excellent people and business management skills.
- Good financial management skills.
- Spread sheet and computer literate. Comfortable using sophisticated software support models and infrastructures.
- Highly organised, able to oversee and prioritise all aspects of projects with minimal support
- Good understanding of construction related health and safety legislation/CDM
- Good general understanding of construction law, statutory provisions and building contracts
- Attention to detail and strong organisational and administration skills
We offer an attractive financial package and exciting career opportunities