An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Technician at one of the busiest inland intermodal container terminals in the UK.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking to work within an established company with the commitment to training their staff to a high level and with career progression opportunities.
As an Engineering Technician you will be rewarded with potential earnings of circa £28K and the opportunity to join our Final Salary Pension Scheme.
Engineering Technician Skills and Experience:
- Working on your own initiative without direct supervision
- High level of knowledge of electrical engineering systems
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering systems
- Able to organise and carry out a daily programme of examinations and maintenance checks
- Be competent in assessing asset condition
- Capable of carrying out repairs and maintenance
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Understanding of Health and Safety at Work legislation
- Minimum NVQ level 3 in Engineering
- Good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- A flexible approach to work
- Good leadership and motivational skills
What’s on offer for the right Engineering Technician:
- Potential earnings of circa £35K
- Opportunity to join the companies Final Salary Pension Scheme
- 21 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Career Progression
Training, where necessary, will be provided for the right Engineering Technician candidate who is willing to demonstrate a flexible approach and a high standard of workmanship, in a developing environment that is designed to meet our customer’s expectations.
The Engineering Technician post is safety critical and will involve shift and weekend working and is subject to an occupational medical, drug and alcohol screening.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
If you are interested our company as an Engineering Technician then don’t hesitate, apply now!