Site Agent (41424)
Full time permanent
Purpose of Role
We are contributing to the creation of a railway infrastructure fit for the 21st century. We provide integrated solutions for track, signalling, telecommunications, overhead line equipment, civil engineering and building projects across the rail infrastructure network.
We are seeking Site Agent working across a number of Rail Infrastructure projects under the Mafa portfolio for CP5 and CP6, including Central Scotland Gauging projects (Intercity Express Programme). As a Site Agent you will be managing large sections of a project with regard to both the construction and financial aspects including safety, budget preparation, cost monitoring, quality procedures, sub-contractor control, material procurement and the training and welfare of all the staff and workforce on the contract).
As well as demonstrating competence in subordinates key objectives:
- Determine the resource requirements for the completion of the works. Assign roles, tasks and responsibilities necessary for completion of the works.
- Identify and obtain relevant information in order to plan the works. Ensure necessary information is provided to all parties (Client, Staff, Designers, Operatives, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc) to ensure efficient design, construction, maintenance and costing.
- Monitor productivity and manage / supervise staff, operatives, subcontractors and associated plant.
- Monitor activities to ensure finished work is in accordance with design, drawings, specifications and Employer’s Requirements.
- Determine the programme of works and ensure the compilation of short term and long term resourced programmes and monitor progress against short, long term programmes and master programme
- Monitor and ensure that records are kept of additional work and/or delays and ensure the necessary Change Orders/Variation Orders/Compensation Events are agreed and implemented.
- Identify, manage and monitor risks (safety, quality, environment, programme and commercial).
- Establish and maintain relationships and ensure effective liaison with Client, Employers Representatives, Designers, Alliance/JV Partners and Third Parties (including the general public).
- Manage the identification of requirements, arrangement of design, installation and monitoring of temporary works.
- Establish, implement and maintain quality, safety and environmental systems. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with these systems.
- Manage the identification and resolution of Technical Queries, non-conformances and concessions.
- Determine the methods of working and manage the production of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Operations Plans and Inspection & Test Plans. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with these items.
- Manage the production of materials ordering schedules and monitoring of materials utilisation on site.
- Understanding and application of Early Contractor Involvement / Partnering / JV Culture (Interpersonal Skills, Teamwork, Communication and Negotiation).
- Manage the production and maintenance of as-built records.
- Manage the procurement of materials and subcontractors.
- Design coordination and management.
- Establish and maintain systems for managing site staff and welfare.
- Compile budgets / target costs and manage / monitor expenditure against budget / target cost / earned value including updates of out-turn forecast.
- Management of staff and operatives including monitoring performance, annual appraisals, recruitment, training and disciplinary / grievance procedures.
Additional Role Information