Design Quality Engineer
Our client based in Bridgend is looking for a Design Engineer to join their team to provide Quality Assurance support to design, development and Research.
- To maintain and improve compliance with quality system and corporate requirements
- To provide input into design for manufacture process
- Generation of inspection and test methods, including provision of tooling/gauges
- To provide training and support to operations based functions in-support of new product introduction
- Analysis of inspection data along with recommendations for design, process or procedural improvements
- Data gathering for key process indicators and as necessary perform trend analysis and generate reports
To provide Quality Assurance support to other departments as needed
- Identifying and recording of any product quality problem
- Initiating, recommending or providing solutions through designated channels
- Initiating action to prevent the occurrence of product non-conformity
- Verifying the implementation of solutions and countermeasures
- Work with Engineering groups on product and process implementation or improvement projects
- Perform audits of Quality Management Systems and generate reports for upper management
- Recommend modifications of existing products, materials or components to achieve the established quality standards and overall reliability standards
- Degree in Engineering or Quality or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and applicable quality system standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated proficiency utilising problem solving tools (FMEA, DOE, SPC etc)
- Application of statistical techniques
- Must be proficient with MS Office Packages
- Ability to perform activities to support product development, administration, manufacturing and other company activities as identified by Senior Management.
Company offer superb benefits and on going career progression.