Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 - car allowance, pension, life cover, personal medical insurance.
Technical Manager Key responsibilities
- To be responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured are safe and have been manufactured in accordance with current food legislation, customer codes of practice and industry best practice.
- To lead the Technical and Hygiene functions for the site ensuring legislative compliance to food safety, quality & customer requirements are met in full on time
- To implement the Site Technical Strategy, in line with the clients Strategy.
- To work effectively as part of the site senior management
- To interface directly with external Bodies, Customers & Suppliers representing the client..
- To build a close working relationship with retailers, managing their KPI's and exceeding their expectations.
The Technical Manager, you must have the following:
- Strong working knowledge of food science within a food manufacturing environment, as well as quality management systems, regulations and compliance and auditing.
- Effective team management abilities, using fantastic interpersonal and leadership skills to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong organisational skills are a must in order to succeed in this role as well as first-rate communication skills.
- The ability to influence and drive change is essential with the understanding of the UK and EU legal framework.
- Not be afraid of change or challenges - with the mind set to seek and deliver solutions.
- Adhere to company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety and confidentiality.
- Be proactive and have an eye for detail, be detail orientated and be able to challenge without creating conflict to deliver best results.
- Experience of dealing direct with major UK retailers, with a proven track record in managing relationships and their KPI's.
- Ability to interpret technical data, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Understanding of legislation, COP's and critical paths.
- Excellent communication, presentation and project management skills. Computer literate.
- Organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Working in a changing environment.
- Track record of influencing across multi disciplines.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.