Hello, we're TSB, and we're different from other banks.
We don't do investment banking, overseas speculation or big corporate finance. We just serve individuals and local business customers - we call it 'local banking'.
TSB has been back on Britain's high streets for nearly four years and is already making waves in the market. We're looking for an experienced and motivated Audit Manager to join our London office on a full time permanent basis.
The successful person will lead multiple routine audits and support a range of more complex audit engagements to provide an assessment of the material risks and controls targeted in the annual audit plan.
- Demonstrates TSB behaviours whilst carrying out all aspects of role.
- Manages self and team to ensure adherence to TSB risk and compliance policies and relevant external regulatory frameworks.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of business plans, providing insightful information, guidance and advice, enabling business areas to assess the downstream implications linked to their decisions.
- Recommends areas for change and supports leadership in delivery of agreed change projects to achieve continuous improvement.
- Where appropriate, manages and motivates a high performing team, developing colleagues through stretching objectives, feedback and coaching, contributing to their development and providing ongoing support. Otherwise, acts as a functional specialist in a particular area.
- Lead, plan and deliver risk-based audit engagements within defined resource, cost, time and quality parameters.
- Suggest, gain approval for and applies the most appropriate methodology for each audit engagement.
- Keep abreast of any changes to the bank's strategy and business objectives, industry, market and regulatory changes in order to understand the impact on current and planned audit engagements.
- Write compelling Audit responses to provide assurance over the risk management and control framework for relevant bank functions and processes.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Audit team by supporting delivery of more complex audit engagements in line with the audit plan.
- Provide the challenge required to gain the commitment of stakeholders to implement any required improvements in governance, risk management and internal controls.
- Build, develop and maintain effective relationships with business managers before, during and after an audit, in order to influence the progress of audit activity and gain acceptance to identified business risks, and any changes needed to strategy and policy, working practices and standards.
- ACCA OR ACA Qualified
- Previous Auditing and Accounting experience
- Good understanding of Operations and IT and excellent stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of change or outsourcing risk and audit experience