Production Technician - Nights
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Production Technician for one of the world's leading medical companies. The role is based in the Plymouth area, working within a permanent role offering a competitive salary.
Night shifts available.
Reporting to the Shift Leader and working as part of the manufacturing team, the Production Technician will be responsible for all technical and processing activities associated with the manufacture of PAS components. The Production Technician will report to the Shift Leader on technical and processing status of all manufacturing equipment and will also have operational responsibilities.
- Under the direction of the Shift Leader implements all activities to maximise equipment efficiency in order to meet the manufacturing plan/production schedule and budgeted equipment expectations.
- Ensures all manufacturing equipment is set up and produces product according to established Quality Control specifications and standards. Maintaining acceptable quality and waste levels.
- Ensures that any statutory legislation and/or quality system requirements are adhered to with regard to process changes and equipment modification.
- Continually monitors in-process quality, addressing issues as needed to prevent product holds.
- Ensures that all existing and new equipment and processes are operated in compliance with all current Quality Control, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Operational responsibilities include covering breaks, operating production machinery, assembling product, performing quality checks and pallet release duties.
- Works closely with Operational, Engineering and Quality Control personnel to actively pursue and promote continuous improvement; SSU, 5S, CIAS, Near Miss, etc.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained as assigned, and in accordance with requirements detailed on the appropriate schedule/plan or work instruction. Ensuring the minimisation of downtime within planned costs for repair and spares
- To support engineering in the installation and validation of new equipment and technology and ensure a smooth and acceptable transfer to production.
- Become actively involved and contribute to regular team meetings and participate in project teams as required. Maintains good communication and effective information transfer between the shifts. Work efficiently and co-operates with the Shift Leader, Engineering Technician and fellow associates at all times to meet required production targets.
- Escalates unresolved issues in a timely manner to the Engineering Technician and Shift Leader, works in an assisting capacity in order to develop problem solving abilities.
- Ensure good communication and effective information transfer between the shifts.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of data on to SAP.
- Experience in a high volume, highly automated manufacturing environment, or a thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- 'Hands-on' experience in process set-up and optimisation activities.
- Experience in the promotion and application of all relevant Quality Control, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and requirements.
- Apprenticeship, City & Guilds or equivalent preferred.
- ONC an advantage.
If you have the experience and skill set to match the requirements listed above, enjoy working in a collaborative and engaging culture and are driven by the challenge of assisting in developing innovative solutions for global issues then we are very interesting in speaking with you.
Please be advised that due to the expected high volume of applicants we may be unable to reply to everyone individually.