Operating Department Practitioner- Scrub
Heart Healthcare are currently accepting applications for a Scrub ODP in a well respected private hospital based in Bradford.
Salary: £27,000- £34,000
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon- Sat
No late nights or Sundays!
Our client's passion is eyes- and their reputation speaks for itself as they are now the UK's most trusted Ophthalmology service provider.
Our client have their very own eye sciences department which is constantly researching new technologies, partnering with leading UK universities across the country– searching for the next best thing for patients.
Purpose of Post
You will be responsible for participating in all aspects of the Ophthalmic service at the Bradford hospital, mainly surgery.
You will provide excellent care to all patients undergoing surgery, including pre and post operation.
You will ensure a comprehensive level of care ensuring the patient is regularly updated during their stay and will deliver highly skilled patient-centered care to all ophthalmic patients within the hospital.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote a sensitive and caring approach to all patients, visitors and colleagues within the hospital environment.
- To ensure maximum efficiency, utilisation and seamless delivery of support to Consultants / Surgeons.
- To hold accountability for the delivery of high quality patient care throughout their visit to the hospital.
- Use clinical judgement and analytical skills to pro-actively identify potential problems during surgery that require Consultant / Surgeon input.
- Work with Consultant / Surgeon supporting them and delivering excellent care to patients whilst in the theatre environment.
- Provide expert advice for staff, patients and their carers.
- Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed according to the HCPC guidelines for the Safe and Secure handling of medicines.
You must have valid HCPC registration with experience of working within theatres.
All candidates will be required to attend interview between 9am- 5pm on a weekday, so you must have availability to do this.
To apply for this fantastic role simply apply below via email for more information. Your next job is just a few clicks away!