Are you are a caring person who has a genuine passion for supporting the vulnerable people in your community? Are you are willing to go the extra mile in order to help an individual live the best quality life possible? If this is you, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support to service users in their own home, with the aim of supporting individuals to independently live their lives as normal as possible and lead a happy and purposeful life.
The Benefits of this role include:
- A wide range of development opportunities, including comprehensive induction, a range of specialist training programs, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification
- Benefits which includes up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata and 3.4% employer pension contribution.
- A range of working hours designed to offer you a good work-life balance.
- Fully funded PVG registration and also your initial registration with the SSSC
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with individuals and colleagues to identify the best forms of communication and care
- Listen and respond to individual's questions and concerns
- Seek additional advice and support for individuals where necessary
- Communicate with individuals using their preferred means of communication & language adapting this as the needs of the individual change
Requirements for this role:
- Full flexibility in the hours you can work
- Confident and not easily put off by a challenge
- At least 6 months experience working in a caring or supporting role
- SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care (Preferred but can study on-the-job)
If you believe that people with learning disabilities should have the freedom to live their lives the way they choose - with the opportunity and support to live independently, to contribute economically and to participate fully in society, please click apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.