Waste Treatment Operative
My Client is a leading company within the environmental sector. They deliver pioneering solutions to their client’s sustainability management needs. My client has developed an innovative on-site specialist waste treatment process that has not been seen in the UK before and as such full training is offered as part of the package.
If you are self-motivated, reliable, willing to learn, enthusiastic and you can work effectively under pressure and enjoy a well structured environment where compliance and health and safety are paramount then this role could be for you.
Salary: £20,000 P/A (Overtime will be paid at normal salary pro rata hourly rates / Bank holidays if worked will be at time and a quarter).
Hours: Shift Pattern 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm - (occasional overtime & some weekend work will be required).
Location: East London
Start date: ASAP
- You will be responsible for reception and treatment of pre contained waste in accordance with company operational procedures and legislative requirements and assisting in the day-to-day operation of the plant.
- Manage & maneuvering of waste bin units (mainly in 770 litre wheeled containers) from the adjacent yard area into the plant site.
- To weigh & push the 770 litre containers into the automated Tip & Lift device.
- Ensure waste containers are then moved to an automated bin cleaning unit before being returned to the adjacent yard for re-use.
- To co-ordinate paperwork & reception of all deliveries to the plant, including that of suppliers and contractors.
- Use the electronic tracking system to record various process activities.
- To make company management aware of any issues with defects/concerns/problems with equipment / building or general surroundings.
- Attend training courses specific to role as required.
- Additional duties as necessary to ensure safety, compliance and continuation of operations.
- Comply with all health & safety procedures at all times.
If interested please submit an updated CV for consideration