I am currently recruiting for an Account Manager (of Medical Staff) for my Aylesbury based client. You will be required to manage a portfolio of client hospitals, co-ordinating staffing of bank doctors for each client, ensuring an uninterrupted service, with an emphasis on quality and continuity. This is a service based role that requires the recruitment, delivery and account management of doctors and the client. You will have excellent communication skills, be a hands on team player, be detailed and organised and have the ability to manage expectations.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
The salary is between the range of 20K - 24k, dependent on previous skills and experience. There is also a discretionary bonus scheme payable. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving and growing business and to develop your account management skills further. The company offer a fantastic training programme and will support you whilst you find your feet in a new industry.
Please see full job spec below:
Medical Staffing Manager (MSM)
MSM duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- To manage a portfolio of client hospitals as allocated by the Operations Director in such a way as to ensure that the service is delivered effectively and in line with the quality expectations of all parties.
- To ensure an uninterrupted service to hospitals is delivered in line with the contractual arrangement between ourselves and the clients, with an emphasis on quality and continuity.
- To take shared responsibility for other portfolios in that another MSM is absent for whatever reason.
Responsibilities relating to client hospitals in the portfolio:
- Act as the primary point of contact for the hospital management and the doctors associated with every facility in the portfolio.
- Maintain and edit the consolidated hospital spreadsheet (‘the Roster’) to ensure that it accurately reflects past, present and future staffing at the client hospitals, including detailed arrangements relating to handovers and travel as appropriate.
- Ensure that all information entered into the Roster is accurate and exhaustive so that work done within the portfolio can be followed in detail by others.
- Undertake a routine client visit programme with a view to understanding and updating the hospital profile requirements, establishing rapport with the hospital management and doctors and discussing issues specific to the delivery of services at that location. Also attend meetings at the request of client hospitals to address specific issues, usually in conjunction with the Operations Director and/or the Medical Director.
- Consult with hospitals as to the induction of new doctors who have not worked at the hospital before, either on a long-term or ad hoc basis. This includes the management of the shadowing programme, ensuring that this is undertaken to the benefit of all concerned.
- Arrange accommodation where necessary for doctors that are shadowing a colleague or who require this as a result of the normal arrangements at the hospital.
- Inform hospitals well in advance of any changes to the planned staffing schedule, including cover arrangements for holiday or any other absence.
- In conjunction with the Administration team, provide hospitals with all the necessary documentation in support of an incoming doctor (eg. CV, references, ACLS and APLS certificates, Occupational Health Clearance) prior to their arrival at the hospital.
- In conjunction with the Operations Director and the Medical Director, manage hospital complaints that arise within the portfolio to ensure the best outcomes for the Company, client and doctor.
- Manage issues that arise at the client hospital between staff and doctors in such a way as to ensure minimal disruption.
- Maintain effective lines of communication and feedback between the Company and its clients and doctors.
- Ensure all relevant information is recorded on the Company database.