Financial Controller - Sports Media Firm
The opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant to take the step up into a UK Financial Controller position within a sports media firm.
Client DetailsMy client is a sports media firm with the largest offering in their space, and a worldwide audience over 30 million. They build and create content across a range of platforms including their own TV channels, as well as partnerships with other well-known brands. With strong PE backing they are now looking to continue their international growth and explore new areas in the UK market. As a result there is a newly created Financial Controller position.
DescriptionAs the new Financial Controller you will take on a broad role, taking a leading role on technical reporting as well as supporting the wider commercial strategy of the business. The position will see you play a hands-on role in tasks, as well as taking a higher level review position for others. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of UK monthly management reporting, including commentary and insight
- Monitoring performance reporting and taking ownership for KPI reporting with budget holders
- Support budgeting and forecasting responsibilities with key non-financial stakeholders
- Take a key business partnering role with the UK business and NY Financial Controller
- Management of a finance assistant and take a key role in their learning and development
- Ensure UK tax compliance: VAT; employment tax; corporation tax
- Completion of year-end audit process, including preparation of group accounts
ProfileAs a strong applicant for this Financial Controller in a sports media business you will:
- Be an ACA qualified accountant
- Demonstrate a strong technical background, including ownership of the monthly reporting process
- Show previous responsibility for KPI reporting, as well as budgeting and forecasting in a business partnering capacity
- Possess a commercial mind-set with an ability to identify the opportunity to add value and support decision making
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships at all levels
- An interest in sports and/or media is highly advantageous
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £55,000-£65,000 depending on experience + benefits.