Boston, Full Time, Permanent
Salary £24,000 - £27,000
Our Boston based clients are recruiting for an experienced Development Technologist to join their team to cover a period of maternity leave.
Role and Responsibilities
- To create innovative, new products which ensure we attract new, profitable business
- Work alongside the Senior Development Chef and NPD manager to identify opportunities
- Champion our food credentials and capabilities, internally and externally
- To maintain the highest technical standards required
- To assist in achieving the sales and profit targets
- To assist the management in achieving the overall Company objectives
- Generate ideas
- Respond to customer briefs / innovation sessions
- Creating and documenting recipes flagging any new components and liaising closely with procurement and packaging to source the right ingredients / packaging
- To be conscious of the business with respect to food values
- Develop food knowledge of self and colleagues through research, food shows, comparative sampling and supplier presentations
- Be commercially aware of the categories that we as a company are part of
- Be aware of packaging developments within the market place and to demonstrate our products in these
- Control and maintain recipe systems and their associated costings
- Attend weekly NPD meetings to keep all colleagues abreast of current projects, their progression and launch schedules
- To motivate suppliers to deliver inspiration ingredients
- To ensure effective communication within the team, relevant departments / individuals and customers where appropriate
- Generate and update submission documents for all customer submissions
- Represent company at customer forums as required
- Generate and update all QAS documents
- Experience in similar role in the food industry
- Up to date experience of specification writing
- Food related degree or equivalent qualification/experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven track record of establishing and building relationships with customers
- Robust individual who can be flexible and able to manage making samples, building relationships with customers, presentations, administration and computer work, etc.
- Experience of presentations to customers, etc.
- Able to work on own or as a team and able to help out team colleagues when required
- Able to work in a privately own SME without the larger support often available in a bigger company
It would be advantageous for a candidate to have experience working in the chilled sector, completed INSPIRE or any other specification writing course or a food safety qualification (Food Safety Level 3)
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.