Position: Project Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 p/a + excellent benefits package
Contact: Tom Perkin, Unite People Ltd
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a quantity surveyor or assistant quantity surveyor, looking to for their next challenge. Our client is an industry-leader, specialising in interesting civil engineering packages and boast a diverse client portfolio mainly comprising the top5 Tier-1 Contractors in London. They are seeking to employ a Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a prestigious project in London.
They have a key focus on culture - ensuring their projects are a happy & healthy place to work via various incentives. They also value people's loyalty - they have one of the best staff-retention rates in the industry and a very low staff-turnover. This is largely due to the support their staff receive, and the wealth of internal opportunities for promotion. An excellent working environment.
This role will suit someone who is looking to make their mark and achieve their career goals in quantity surveying.
Project Quantity Surveyor:
You will be project-based, and take the lead commercially for a specific contract, worth approximately £5-£20m. You will be involved in procurement right through to final accounts. A Senior QS and an MQS will assist and support you. You will have a trainee or assistant QS supporting you on the job.
Scope of works will be Civil Engineering & Construction.
- Should be degree educated or similar in Quantity Surveying
- Should have some experience working for main contractors or sub-contractors
- You will have a good understanding of the JCT form of contract
- You will live in or within commutable distance to London.
- Membership or aspirations toward the appropriate institution i.e RICS
- Procurement of Sub-Contract packages
- Managing/Negotiation of Sub-Contract packages.
- Produce monthly commercial reports.
- Monthly financial reviews.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Validation of Contracts.
- Change valuations
- Pricing change to the contract
- To agree and resolve final accounts.
- Manage and implementation the insurances for the work packages.
- Cost value reconciliations and the variation's procedures.
- Risk and opportunity management procedures.
In return, we are offering a highly competitive salary with a business that will support you through your career progression & help you achieve your career goals.
If you feel you have the necessary skills & experience to succeed in the role, then please forward me your CV via the link below, for a quick response & more information.