A high end residential refurbishment contractor are currently looking for a Planning Engineer. The role will entail providing a timely, effective and professional planning services for proposals and project delivery and continuing to raise the profile of good planning and contribute to the effective running of the department.Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will have good internal construction knowledge in terms of architectural construction detail, M&E services and structural alteration knowledge and also be able to demonstrate sound programming and sequencing of a range of projects and proposals through various planning techniques and software. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate effective communication skills as the candidate will liaise with the project teams, departmental colleagues and external parties such as clients, consultants and suppliers. The ability to manage workload around deadlines is also key to this role, as the job holder may have multiple projects and proposals to support.Key deliverables
- Integration into project teams
- Provide planning services to projects and proposals
- Set up and manage auditable trails of programme issues
- Collate and validate project progress and report to the Directors
- Develop relationships with internal teams, consultants, clients and suppliers.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Understanding of planning and rescheduling techniques
- Understanding of the full project cycle and any relative constraints.
- Software operations relevant to job role [Asta, Microsoft Project]
- Relevant experience of being involved in the planning & proposals process.
- Where required be able to prepare and deliver programming and planning in accordance with the guidelines set down by the Society of Construction Law, Delay and Disruption Protocol.
- Ability to manage own workload
Please telephone Robert Ferrari for a preliminary discussion, or e-mail your CV in strict confidence.