Accounts Senior / Supervisor
Client DetailsThis leading independent practice with multiple service lines is recruiting an Accounts Senior / Supervisor to join their expanding team. My client provides accounting and advisory services to a broad range of SME businesses including entrepreneurial and owner managed companies across the Yorkshire Region.This particular practice is well known for high staff retention with around 100 members of staff and 10 partners across their two offices in Leeds & York. This is the ideal opportunity for somebody who wants to work alongside and be mentored by, high calibre finance professionals.This firm is offering a healthy package for their employees, which includes flexible working hours, extensive training (including software accreditations) and development support.
DescriptionAn Accounts Senior / Supervisor will need to be able to:
- Prepare company accounts and corporation tax returns for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders across a range of sectors with a focus on the SME market.
- Identify budgets and make sure they are being adhered too.
- Manage a range of clients both audit and non audit (depending on experience), under the supervision of a Director and strengthen existing client relationships.
- Set timetables for the team and control assignments from start to finish.
- Identify tax planning opportunities for each client.
- Run your own client portfolio as the designated point of contact for any day to day queries.
ProfileThe ideal candidate will have at least 4 years previous experience working in an accountancy practice and will work both autonomously and comfortably in a team. They will need to be able to freely use their initiative in order to deliver accounting and advisory services to a range of clients in a professional and responsible manner.This role is designed for somebody who is looking to further their career, therefore they will need a real drive about them and an ambition to want to progress.The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. They will have a keen eye for detail with an organised approach to their work. You will also have some leadership experience in some form if you want to be considered for the Supervisor position.
As Accounts Senior / Supervisor on offer is a starting salary of between £25,000 to £35,000 depending on experience.
The firm is genuinely committed to employee development and so will also provide external training courses on soft skills, software accreditions and technical accounting updates.