Category Buyer- IT
My market leading client based in Edinburgh, has an exciting opportunity for a Category Buyer. You will support and work collaboratively with our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. You will support in deliverying projects on behalf of our clients.
My market leading client based in Edinburgh, has an exciting opportunity for a Category Buyer. Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
DescriptionAs, Category Buyer - IT, you will:
- Lead strategic sourcing activities across all I.T spend
- Provide cover for Group Senior Buyer during periods of absence
- Support the Senior Buyer in implementation of the I.T category plan
- Seek involvement to advise business on Procurement related activity/best practice
- Carry out regular supplier review meetings with key IT providers
- Hold a relevant business degree or equivalent experience
- Be a member/studying towards CIPS
- Have previous experience in negotiating contractual terms and conditions
- Be flexible and driven
- Be a highly results orientated individual (proven track record of exceeding targets)
My industry leading client value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation. You will be rewarded with a competitive package