Opportunity to play a central role in the finance function of one the UK's leading cinema chain companies. As the management accountant, you will be reporting directly into the Head of financial Reporting, and will be managing an Assistant Management Accountant.
The company wants someone who can offer new solutions to any inefficiencies around processes and systems, and assist with any ad-hoc commercial duties for upcoming projects.
My client is one of the UK's leading cinema chain companies, with locations in central London and in the London Area.
With a turnover of over £40million, my client is planning to open up new locations in 2017 and 2018.
The culture of the company is described as an open-door atmosphere, where colleagues are happy to chat and develop personal relationships.
- Identification and implementation of process and system improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Support timely and accurate delivery of management accounts each period.
- Providing visibility over the financial performance of the company and to work with budget holders across the business to ensure they have the information needed to enable them to manage their budgets.
- Support the business with financial guidance and practical assistance as required, to aid decision making by modelling, measuring and reporting the financial impact of business decisions and initiatives.
- Monitor and manage utility costs.
- Reconcile and review balance sheet accounts.
- Support Financial Report Manager to meet group reporting deadlines.
- Preparation of monthly board reporting pack.
- Support delivery of statutory accounts in line with internal and external timetable.
- Deal with audit deliverables and queries in a timely manner.
- Investigate difference in statutory and management accounts.
- Fully understand the system steps required to deliver management accounts and proactively manage impact of business changes on this process.
- Ad hoc projects as and when required by the Finance Director and Financial Reporting Manager
- Assist with due diligence with the acquisitions of new sites
- Manage an Assistant Management Accountant and distribute relevant duties
As the successful candidate, you will be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (requirement)
- Experience as a Management Accountant in industry, preferably with an SME background
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Planned, organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong financial report writing skills
- Excellent Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables, sum-ifs) and Powerpoint skills
- Takes ownership and acts on initiatives
- Team player
- Some supervisory experience is desirable
You will be hired as a Management Accountant in one of the UK's leading cinema companies.
My client is offering a salary between £45K and £50K, with a pension and life assurance scheme. They also offer free tickets to their sites.