10 month FTC to cover maternity leave.
Salary circa £55,000
NRG are delighted to be working with a prestigious, international organisation. My client is looking for a talented Financial Controller, on an interim basis of 10 months. The aim of this role is to provide leadership to the finance team from the companies head office in Newcastle, and ensure the sound maintenance and production of accounting information and processes.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for the overall management of the monthly management accounting cycle and group consolidation, ensuring up to date information is available for review by the Finance Director ahead of Management Board meetings.
Duties include, and are not limited to the following:
- Take a lead in cash-flow management and forecasting for the Practice, review of accounting input from members of the finance team.
- Planning and management of the completion of all budget, year-end and audit related tasks- with support from other members within the finance team.
- You will be the crucial point of contact for Partners throughout the business in the relation to their partnership and personal tax affairs.
- You will build and maintain strong relationships with Partners and all internal and external stakeholders.
This will suit a Financial Controller that possesses the following attributes:
-Excellent team management skills, to ensure the effective operational performance of the Finance team.
- Carry out team appraisals and identify any on going training, performance management or recruitment needs.
- Strong practical experience- ideally ‘Big 4’ trained.
-Professional accountancy qualification – ideally ACA, however CIMA/ ACCA/ ICAEW will also be considered.
-Strong commercial acumen with a desire to learn and develop in all areas of the business.
-Strong technical accounting skills, and have a track record of implementing and maintaining internal controls working with integrated management information systems.
- Any exposure to finance and accountancy issues within an international business.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to lead, engage and communicate effectively with internal and external teams.
- Seek continuous improvement at both a personal and business level.
- Be proactive, assertive and highly organised to deliver on time.
- Any experience with ERP software system implantation would be desirable.
If you are looking for a move into a successful, well established organisation that offers opportunities to progress- this is it.
If this is of interest, please send an updated copy of your CV now to sophiegoymer @ nrgplc.com. Alternatively if you would like more information please call (0191) 260 4487.