Climate Control Lead Engineer
Our client, a global automotive manufacturer with an iconic brand, has made available a contract post for a Climate Control Lead Engineer to be based at their Gaydon location, offering up to £21.25 per hour (umbrella or limited company contractor basis).
Key Responsibilities of the Climate Control Lead Engineer
- Reporting to the Module Leader, the Lead Engineer is responsible for the Climate Control System Components within a particular project, working closely with suppliers on the design, development and delivery for new programmes and also on problem resolution activities on current programme.
- Role will be primarily Gaydon based but may involve visits to other sites.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Climate Control Lead Engineer
- Proven experience of engineering project time lines management, successfully delivering a component/system to meet worldwide requirements, including work with supplier development partners.
- Able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to component and system applications, verification and validation.
- Good report writing and communication skills to support programme delivery and project milestones and have strong organisational, numerical and team skills.
- A detailed understanding of the overall product development process required to deliver a system to production Climate Control or similar component delivery experience.
- Experience of working with suppliers to deliver projects to cost/quality and time targets.
- Product launch experience, including overseas launch experience preferable.
- Good organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good PS skills i.e. MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Excel.
- Successful history of project delivery on automotive systems or in adjacent industries, e.g. rail, aerospace, defence, energy etc.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience for the Climate Control Lead Engineer
- Good working knowledge of the WERS/PACN release system.
- CAD experience would be useful but not essential.
- Quality experience as 6-Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferable but not essential.
- Good understanding of Quality metrics.
- A working knowledge of CATIA V5, CAE simulation and Electrical EMC requirements.
- Constructive collaborative work experience with people of different cultures preferable.
- Ideally degree or equivalent qualification in relevant Engineering discipline.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.