Our client are looking for an enthusiastic Estimator to join their successful team, working with in a multi-disciplinary main contractor that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national scale.
Reporting to the Managing Estimator, the successful candidate will be responsible for tenders, 2 stage projects and cost plans; all tenders are Design and Build. Their projects vary in value from £10m to in excess of £60m and are across a range of sectord including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices and inductrial fit out.
Other duties will involve but not be limited to:
- Manage the tender from receipt through to submission and post tender queries
- Liaise with and manager the internal and external tender team
- Mark up enquiries to be sent out to the supply chain, organise Bills of Quantities production and obtain material quotes where necessary
- Evaluate returned quotations from supply chain and liasie with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Prepare and evaulaute risk and opportunity
- Arrange and prepare commercial documents for Tender Handover meetings
- Review supply chain performance quarterly
- Attend pre qualification, mid tender and post tender interviews
- Visit sites to obtain feedback
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies and liaise with Clients
Skills and experience rquired:
- An industry apllicable ONC/HNC, B Eng, NVQ or equivalent experience
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Microsot Project
- You will be bale to demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge
- You will be an ambitious individual, take pride in what you produce, possess excellent communication, organistaion and leadership skills.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package - car allowance, travel to site, pension scheme, 26 days holiday