Mobile Support Engineer /Field Maintenance Technician -Open Day
Job Title: Mobile Support Engineer
Location: Bournemouth, Poole, and Dorset area
Salary: £20,000 plus £2,500 travel allowance
Open Day: The open day is being held at Chalk Lane Hotel, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7BB on the 26th April from 9am till 7pm. Candidates are free to drop in at any point during that time and are asked to bring with them a copy of their CV and a form of ID.
The Mobile Support Engineer must be quality driven and customer focused with technical ability to repair and maintain the company's equipment both at the bedside and back office. The Mobile Support Engineer requires excellent interpersonal skills and needs to be committed to customer satisfaction.
The role provides reactionary and proactive technical and operational support to the sites within a specific geographical area known as bubbles (Cover in other areas may be required from time to time).
The primary role focuses upon maintaining both bedside and back office operational equipment by way of reactive maintenance. This will be prioritised and communicated daily by your Operations Manager, maximising the uptime of Bedside Units and reducing the time to fix.
- Provide proactive and reactionary technical support to hospital sites ensuring all units are in a safe and serviceable condition for customers
- Responsible for the escalation and resolution of network issues impeding services provided to the customer
- Delivery of customer satisfaction targets, ensuring the units are presentable for patients
- Ownership of the fault resolution process of bedside equipment within SLA
- Cover as requested from Line Mgr in supporting H&S checks visiting all bedside equipment every 4 months
- Resolve customer issues and queries escalated to site via the contact center
- Clean & prepare all faulty equipment for return to the Repair Centre
- Operate internal bespoke software packages to manage the network, escalate technical issues
- Effective management and handling of any customer complaints, including escalation where applicable.
- Refreshing of all bedside units that are visited
- Build and maintain rapport with Hospital staff and maintain stock levels of items on each ward
- Repair and maintenance of vending machine faults/user issues, escalation where appropriate
- Management of site sales literature as per company levels/standard procedures
- Adherence to legislative requirements, policies & procedures including Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring high levels of attendance and good time keeping at all times
- Provide cover and assistance for other Mobile Support Engineers as required.
Experience, Skills & Attributes Required:
- Able to effectively prioritise workload and take an organised approach to work in order to meet targets and deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of providing high levels of customer service, and dealing with customer complaints effectively
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues to technical & non-technical people alike
- Logical problem solver with the ability to investigate and resolve issues, escalating issues when required
- Commercially aware/delivery of quarterly personal/business targets
- Flexibility of working hours, able to offer out of hour's cover at alternative locations where/when required
- Competent with basic hand tools and able to replace equipment safely
- A good level of computer literacy, and/or keyboard skills, with basic knowledge of packages such as MS Office Word and Excel
- Able to prepare and produce professional reports
- Previous experience of working in a multi-site organisation or environment preferred
- Self-motivated with a genuine interest in customer service
- Ability to work alone and within a wider support group effectively
- Able to work effectively within a demanding environment under pressure
- Exceptional fault finding skills
- Good understanding of Health and Safety working within a public environment in a technical role
- Fundamental understanding of basic networks (RF or CAT 5)
- Basic PC and Server knowledge
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The company will be holding an open day interview where candidates will be free to drop in any time at Chalk Lane Hotel, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7BB on the 26th April from 9am till 7pm - please bring a copy of your CV and a valid form of ID such as a passport or driver's licence.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and cover letter and for more details on the Open Day.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; RF Technician, TV Technician, Radio Frequency Engineer, Maintenance Technician, RF Engineer, Digital Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support Technician, Maintenance Support Engineer, Repairs Technician may also be considered for this role.