CLOUD DEVOPS ENGINEER - £50,000 - £60,000
My client - a dynamic and highly successful privately owned business - provide real-time reporting applications running in a cloud computing environment. Their product has taken to UK market by storm, and my client is proud to be the only company in the UK who provide such a leading edge service in this way.
This award winning business is now on the hunt for a talented front DevOps Engineer to come on board and grow their DevOps function. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a successful and growing team.
* Maintaining, administering & enhancing all aspects of the cloud infrastructure.
* Deployment of software products to production.
* Provide subject matter expertise on cloud platforms to the Customer Support Team.
* Ensure maximum uptime, quality, monitoring, and reliability all services.
* Ensure systems fail rarely, and can be fixed quickly when they do fail.
* Perform root cause analysis to identify & implement continuous improvements.
* Implement & maintain security practices.
* Constantly seek to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of market developments.
Qualifications & Experience
* 3 years' commercial experience maintaining large Linux-based server environments.
* Intermediate/expert knowledge of the following Amazon AWS services: EC2, EBS, ELB, VPC, & S3.
* Experience in operating & supporting mission-critical applications, including incident & outage management, designing-for-failure, and implementing monitoring & alarming mechanisms.
* Excellent problem solving issues across multiple technologies, e.g. technical deep dive capability into compute infrastructure, network transport, databases, applications, and automation tools.
* Experience developing autonomous mechanisms using scripting tools and/or programming languages.
* Advanced knowledge & commercial experience in Linux shell scripting.
* Experience & knowledge of database technologies, particularly PostgreSQL.
* Demonstrable experience performing web application deployment & maintenance via a Java-based application stack.
* Up-to-date general knowledge of Linux technologies.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.