Location: Hemel Hempstead some travel to London EC2 required
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm
About the company
Our client provides financial derivatives in the form of CFDs, Spreads Bets or Margined FX, they have a broad range of clients including small institutions, high net worth clients and retail clients, who form a large part of their business.
Headquartered in London with a Technology Centre in Hemel Hempstead, they are a leading provider of online trading services and a new opportunity has arisen for a C# Developer to join their expanding team.
The C# Developer role:
As a C# Developer, you will be a part of the development team, responsible for the onward development of our client’s trading platforms. You will have the opportunity to work on, and contribute to, all components within the platform in order to improve the stability, performance and functionality of the platforms and associated technology.
The successful candidate will work in an agile environment, working day to day in a Scrum Team delivering high quality software changes and enhancements for our client
They are looking for someone with enthusiasm for software development, creative problem solving and software technologies.
Duties of the C# Developer:
- Technical design and timely implementation of code changes and various system enhancements to our client’s trading platforms according to technical specifications and the company’s design, coding and performance tuning standards.
- Work closely with your colleagues to review and contribute to technical specifications.
- Learn relevant middleware technologies and techniques as per the specific position within the team and share knowledge with your colleagues in the development team.
- Review peer code changes.
- Work closely with the Testing team to resolve issues that arise during the testing of developed software.
- Work with the company’s Support and Release teams to resolve problems with the deployment process of code changes and associated technology.
- Follow, expand and contribute to the company’s internal documentation system.
- Periodic visits to the London office as part of the company’s team to support specific project implementations or to assist in requirements gathering and business analysis activities.
- Ensure all codes of practice, systems of work and processes are adhered to.
- Work together with all other team and departments to ensure that our client and their other customers receive the best possible technology solutions.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of the company’s
Essential Requirements of the C# Developer:
- 2 years’ experience of designing and developing complex multi-threaded, high performance services and/or service-side applications at both a high and low level on the Microsoft stack and C#/.Net.
- Experience working using the Agile/Scrum paradigm.
- SQL Server experience including stored procedures.
- Familiar with unit testing, ideally NUnit.
- Analysis and high/low level design capabilities using Objects Orientated techniques.
- Enthusiasm for tackling difficult problems and proven analytical abilities.
- Strong awareness of timelines and task priority.
- Right to work in the UK.
Preferred additional requirements of the C# Developer:
- Experience diagnosing and optimising both memory usage and performance across C#/.Net.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to understand and communicate issues succinctly and without ambiguity using appropriate technical vocabulary.
- Experience with WPF desirable.
- Experience with HTML desirable.
- Experience with GIT source control.
- Experience of developing highly scalable systems.
- Experience of JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience gained within Spread betting or CFD’s would be highly beneficial.
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays increasing by 1 day per calendar year for 3 years, up to 28 days.
- Private medical cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Subsidized gym membership
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Salary sacrifice pension, childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
Note these some benefits are made available after successful completion of a probationary period.
If you meet the requirements and feel this C# Developer role is for you, then please apply today!