IT Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a prestigious Property firm headquartered in the heart of London. As the IT Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the Service Desk function and the day to day provision of IT equipment, systems and services utilising ITIL methodologies. You will be responsible for the definition and delivery of IT service levels, managing specific cases and incidents and maintaining the user base.
Our Client is a global brand within the property industry, headquartered in Central London. As IT Operations Manager you will be responsible for supporting multiple sites on an international level.
The role will be responsible for a wide range of relationships and for the detailed administration of the operations function. You will support the management of IT stakeholder relationships and support the achievement and maintenance of high levels of user satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of IT user groups
- Case management of individual IT service cases
- Support the development and maintenance of the Group IT Relationship Management Plan
- Support the management of IT stakeholder relationships
- Support the achievement and maintenance of high levels of user satisfaction
- Establish and operate suitable performance management methodologies, standards and reporting
- Deliver level 1 IT services
- Manage the delivery of IT operations processes (incident, request, problem, change)
- Support the management of systems availability processes
- Support the achievement of business system availability targets
- Support the achievement of infrastructure system availability targets
- Support the management of commercial relationships with operational business systems supply chain
- Support the management of the IT Operations and Infrastructure Committee
- Support the project management of the delivery of specific IT projects
- Transition new systems into production environment
- Train and develop team of analysts
- Continuously improve the function in line with Good Industry Practice
- Identify and deliver IT cost savings
- Establish and operate information security governance, risk management, policy and communication structures and processes
- Support the delivery of information security business and technical audits
- Ensure the Team Maintains H&S Compliance
The successful IT Operations Manager will have an extensive background working at a management level within a diverse IT environment. You will have a proven record in IT Service Delivery management including the implementation of best practice standards - ideally you will have a ITIL foundation certification as a minimum.
As the technical escalation point, you will be the SME across the desktop estate and will be expected to have an understanding of current Windows OS, networking, MS Office, MS Exchange and Active Directory.
The role will require strong leadership and a process driven mindset, you will be expected to demonstrate process improvement within similar roles.
Successful candidates will have:
- Min. 5 years' experience working at a management level within a diverse Commercial/IT organisation
- Extensive experience in IT Service Delivery management including implementing and operating to best practice standards
- Demonstrable experience in the proactive management and supervision of a team of technical people
- ITIL certification
- Working knowledge and experience of supporting Windows operating systems, Networking, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory.
- Working knowledge and experience of maintaining current IT hardware, desktops, laptops and associated hardware
- Broad knowledge of current IT technologies and support industry trends
- Customer service orientation. Uses empathy with customers to understand and deliver their needs.
- Decision making. Makes effective well timed decisions
- Detail orientation. Handles details precisely with the big picture in mind.
- Integrity and judgement. Demonstrates good personal integrity and uses this to inform sound judgement.
- Interpersonal communication. Communicates well with people and establishes credibility and trust.
- Task and time management. Manages the volume and variety of activity and produce accurate outputs on time.
Based in central London, on offer is an excellent salary package and discretionary bonus incentive. Candidates will also receive a car allowance, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan incentives.