Accounts Semi Senior
Our client, a top tier chartered accountancy practice, is now looking for a qualified Accounts Semi Senior to join their team in Northampton. The Accounts Semi Senior will get the opportunity to work independently and take ownership of preparing client accounts.
The clients are diverse ranging from subsidiaries of international groups, businesses of High Net Worth Individuals to dynamic owner managed businesses.
- Identify client needs that can be satisfied from the firm's services and inform senior leaders.
- Prepare accounts from books of prime entry (sole trader, partnership, charity and small limited companies)
- Preparing partnership and company accounts.
- Work independently and effectively on-site at client premises
- Prepare quarterly VAT return for clients, including partial exemption calculations
- Deal with clients ad hoc queries from basic bookkeeping to payroll and PAYE queries
- Work with the wider team supporting others and managing your own time, working to deadlines.
- Maintain an understanding of audit methodology and retains up to date knowledge of accounting standards
- Take an active part in planning discussions to identify client risks and client strategy if required
- Oversee all aspects of compilation accounts work, audit fieldwork and completion
- Prepare and review work papers and drafts of the financial statements.
- Answer day to day account queries from clients and demonstrate good judgement on when to seek further consultation from your seniors.
- Maintain an understanding of UK GAAP and understand each client's principal account policies, challenging current approaches and making recommendations to improve robustness and efficiency where necessary.
- Coach and develop junior colleagues to provide on-the-job learning and delegate work appropriately.
- Actively monitor budgets and time frames on all assignments, taking responsibility for overall delivery.
You will have:
- ACCA or ACA part qualified studying towards your final exams, AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
- A genuine interest in managing client relationships
- Competent bookkeeping skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and a positive can do attitude
- The ability to apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits package
- Study support
- Real opportunity for personal development and progression
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17477