Salary: £8.33 per hour
Similar job titles: Quality Assurance - Quality Auditor - Quality Inspector
Quality Controller job purpose
To audit and monitor compliance against Quality Management systems and GMP, ensuring that we manufacture safe quality products. To ensure any non - conformance issues are identified and recorded, enabling operations to take corrective action. Supporting the factory with Technical knowledge and advice.
Quality Controller, Key responsibilities
- Meet all Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in the H&S Policy.
- Meet all Food and Safety responsibilities as defined in the Food Safety standards
- Apply the business Quality standards ensuring company, customer and legislative requirements
- Monitor good manufacturing practices, applying HACCP principles
- To carry out routine testing including sample collection, hand swabbing, environmental swabbing. To carry out ad hoc testing as required.
- Providing a consistent quality control presence on lines to ensure that the quality standards are met at all times
- To monitor good manufacturing practices, applying HACCP principles
- Regular Allergen, glass and CCP audits ensuring compliance against procedure
- Responsibility for nominated lines in times of break relief or holiday cover - ensuring all checks are completed at the required frequency.
- Quality of product to be to standard and consistent.
- To conduct taste panels per week to include start of life, end of life and consistency products.
- To assist in glass audits and procedural audits as required
- Conduct audited mixes and sample collection for nutritional analysis as required
- To be able to communicate to all shop floor personnel effectively, consistent and correct information recording. Collect samples according to rota and as and when requested.
The Quality Controller, you must have the following:
- Experience of QM Systems and GMP in Food manufacturing
- Experience of micro-testing
- Experience of traceability investigations
- Lead by example with regard to Quality and Food Safety.
- Be dynamic, assertive and passionate about quality and technical issues.
- Operate cross functionally and at different organisational levels in a confident manner in order to deliver a challenging and busy agenda.
- Understand, interpret and take proactive action on data and information as presented.
- Use problem solving techniques to aid the site team in improving quality performance.
- Understand fully site CCP's and food safety requirements.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and control work of self and others effectively.
- Highly developed communication skills (verbal, written, listening, influencing, report writing).
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.