Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Boston, Full time, Permanent
Salary £28,000 - £32,000
The Quality Assurance Manager will ensure product safety, quality and legality, by way of applying customer standards, and thereafter continually challenging and improving upon accepted practices, to the benefit of our customers and the Company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Management and development of QA team by determining the resource needs, establish and address identified training needs, coaching and mentoring of team.
- Assisting implementation and monitoring of a fully integrated Quality Management System
- Assist in the delivery of successful technical audits (Customer hygiene audits, product and process control audits, BRC evaluation)
- Developing robust Quality Control and validation systems
- Providing technical knowledge and support (e.g. microbiological, equipment design etc.)
- Ensuring compliance with HACCP
- Challenge and contribute to establishing training standards, ensuring all staff receive appropriate training
- Communicate technical issues and updates to staff and other team members
- To be responsible for conducting investigations when required
- To ensure all samples are present and collected (Needed for tests by analytical providers)
- To ensure factory auditors are carried out correctly and on time
- Organise and run shelf life and organoleptic
- Ensure customer complaints are dealt with
- Ensure effective handover document for Shift QA Manager colleague
- Ensure traceability in place
You may be required to carry out any other duties within your capacity which our client may reasonably require.
A successful QA Manager candidate will have:-
- Successful experience of managing a team (ability to coach, develop and lead a team proactively)
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent English ability - written, verbal, reading
- Relevant food safety / science qualification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge and understanding of microbiology, HACCP, traceability
- Strong technical background with experience of working in a similar role in the food industry
- Able to work as part of a team, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills along with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work the shift pattern and to be flexible if required regarding customer visits and audits
This role will work on shifts 10.00am - 10.00pm, on a 2-2-3 shift pattern (working 7 days out of 14)
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.