Job Title: BIM Manager
Your salary: £50,000 to £60,000
Where: City Of London
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Benjamin Gatt)
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is a global Fit Out company offering the highest quality building solutions.
They are leaders in office design and fit-out, and have the expertise to manage and deliver building projects locally and globally, from single office relocation or fit-outs to complex multiple-location portfolio management. Their employees are able to deliver bespoke solutions to meet all of their clients needs.
They believe that genuine difference can only come from challenging the status quo, and fresh new thinking.
Purpose of the role:
The BIM manager will be project based and have responsibility for the day to day
BIM activities and actions for that project. Working closely with the Realys project, design and site team members to ensure successful end-to-end BIMdelivery.
Reporting on a daily basis to the relevant project manager but direct line
responsibility being Realys' Head of Engineering.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Chair BIM co-ordination meetings along with the Design Manager to include activities such as 'live' walkthroughs, clash detection, problem solving, co-ordination or spacial issues
- Maintain BEP throughout the working life of the project and quality check model and data entries are compliant with set standards
- Managing the processes, workflows and procedures for successful information exchange on project work
- Assist and track project outputs such as data drops
- Tracking of all team models and data to programme and ensuring timely delivery
- Establish a common data environment where necessary or applicable and interface with all relevant parties
- Validate model compliance against BEP, RIBA stages and agreed data drops
- Model coordination and interrogation, ensure models work together (federate as necessary), maintain master model, ensure information remains interoperable, clash detection, quality checks, data conversion
- Connect BIM to site activities and be instrumental in its adoption and execution
- Identify, capture, export and report key data from working models
You must have:
Working knowledge and understanding of:
- BS1192 including part 4
- PAS1192 part 2 & 3
- CIC BIM protocol
- IFC and other commonly used data exchange formats
- Common Data Environment
- Autodesk Revit MEP including worksets, families and template files
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage including Timeline
- Autodesk AutoCad
- Autodesk BIM360
- Other CAD or BIM software
- Creative and independent thinker with problems solving skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic in encouraging and nurturing a BIM project team
- Excellent communicator
- Good management and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- A design or construction background with experience in Workplace and/or Retail projects
- Architectural or structural experience would be an advantage
- Proven BIM track record including authoring tools
- 5+ years production experience in design, drafting or engineering
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please contact Ben Gatt on 01442 767 808