Mechanical Project Manager
BSV are recruiting for a Mechanical Project Manager on behalf of a Building Services Industry leading M&E sub contractor. With regional offices all over the UK including London, Essex and Southampton, you will deliver successful fit out projects focussing particularly within the educational sector on projects up to and around £3m. Although our client is based down in the Hampshire area, their projects vary between Southampton, Berkshire and London along the M3 corridor.
The ideal candidate:
- Previously worked on and successfully managed commercial/educational projects between £750k to £5m.
- Must be able to read drawings and be familiar with technical submissions and part schedules
- Understanding of configuration management, approval processes and change control procedures
- Strong Building Services background, including a demonstrable M&E Sub contractor work history
- Managed all aspects of project management from tender stage through to practical completion
- Manage the project team and supply chain to deliver projects to time, cost, and quality targets and standards
- Experience conducting labour-load programs and costing
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to maintaining high quality standards
- Organised and managed sub-contractors, as well as site staff
- 5-10 years proven track record project managing with a M&E Sub Contractor
- You will have either City & Guilds, HNC/HND or be Degree educated in Mechanical Engineering/HVAC
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively and clearly with colleagues, clients and customers.
- Good attention to detail and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure and anticipate any problems.
- You will be required to travel between site and head office.
- Drive and determination
- Able to live & work in the UK