Senior Commercial Manager | Tier One Main Contractor | London
The client is a well-established tier one main contractor based in London with a large presence in the civils industry. They have over £100 million pounds’ worth of work across Rail / Highways / Utilities and are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to head up the Rail Division from their London offices.
The right candidate will be managing, leading and developing a team of Commercial and Accounting Staff to fulfil their potential and standards required and preparing a range of documents such as cash flow reports, KPIs and forecasts as well as producing monthly financial reports to the Leadership structure.
Other duties will include:
- Conducting other tasks such as managing / pricing variations, tender analysis / negotiation and letting of contract works
- Delivered savings to the project through identification and challenge of the design
- Reporting directly to the Commercial Director with responsibility for overseeing the projects
- Managing and developing Commercial Staff for each project as well as ensuring project is successfully delivered within set timescales and budget
- Preparing a range of documents such as cash flow reports and forecasts as well as delivering and producing monthly financial reports to the Directors
- Preparing tender enquiries and tender lists together with scopes of work for the procurement of the subcontract packages
- Liaising extensively with the client and making applications for payment and managing / pricing variations
- Managing major sub-contractors ensuring satisfaction of all specifications, deadlines and successful account negotiations.
- Experience delivering mixed use schemes in excess of £40m+
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with top 10 contractor - preferable
- Good knowledge of forms of contract
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
- Have excellent communication – both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work to own initiative
- Ability to build strong relationships with all management levels
- Strong management style
- Highly ambitious and compelled
- RICS / CIOB qualification.
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships with people at all levels
This great opportunity has a lucrative salary of £85,000 + Car + Package.
To apply for this role or to find out more information about other roles within the civils industry within London and surrounding areas please contact Faisal Ahmed or Stephanie Thomson at DQ Construction or respond to this advert with an up to date CV and we shall contact you accordingly.