BSV are recruiting a Mechanical Supervisor on behalf of a leading M&E Subcontractor for a £2m residential refurbishment scheme in Harlow. Our client is a leading name in the Building Services Industry with a £200m turnover and a strong presence in the Residential, Educational, Commercial and Healthcare sectors.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures.
- To work to programmes and co-ordinate with other Trades in matters affecting our performance.
- To co-ordinate and control suppliers and sub-contractors.
- To agree details of Installation Design and programme with Project Manager.
- To ensure adequate labour is on site and to maintain discipline.
- To liaise with Clients Professional Team and Contractors regarding co-ordination matters.
- To maintain standards of Plant and Site facilities in accordance with Health, Safety and Welfare procedures.
- To ensure all mechanical installation works are carried out in accordance with Statutory Regulations, current standards and Company Quality Assurance procedures.
- To regularly inspect installation works for soundness of quality and workmanship.
- To ensure submission of timesheets, reports, advice notes etc, on a weekly basis.
- To ensure production of regular progress reports and daily site diaries.
- To control and maintain a drawing register, and ensured current and superseded information is properly maintained.
- To ensure all variations are logged/identified and issued to Project Manager or Surveyor.
- To ensure Testing of Installation and Reports during progress of works and on completion.
You will be:
- Qualified to C&G, HNC/HND or equivalent / higher in building services or mechanical engineering.
- Come from a Sub Contractor background in a similar role
- Have demonstrable experience in Mechanical Building Services Engineering
- SSSTS or SMSTS card is essential
In return you will be offered a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package. For further information, please contact Michaela Hollis on or email your CV in confidence to