Gas Installer - Domestic Housing
Gas Installer - Domestic Housing
£35,000 - £40,000 + Van
Currently recruiting for a Domestic Gas Installer to work for a Major Social Housing Contractor based in Camden and surrounding.
The experienced individual will be responsible for the installation of gas central heating systems including Combi Systems, Open Vented, Unvented Systems, Gas Runs, Pipework and System alterations and Power flushing.
Main purpose of the role:
- To successfully perform domestic gas boiler installations and central heating system upgrades, ensuring all activities are completed safely, efficiently and to the customer's satisfaction within the requirements of Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations.
- To Install /replace boilers and carry out central heating system upgrades to customers properties.
- To ensure customer property is respected at all times and work is carried out in a clean and tidy manner.
- Ensure jobs are completed to an agreed timescale.
- Carry out work place risk assessments.
- Strictly adhere to all Health & Safety procedures and all relevant industry standards.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times.
- Ensure all administration tasks are performed in line with company procedures.
- Keep vehicle clean and tidy at all times and carry out weekly check.
- Experience in domestic gas heating installation, including boiler replacement and system upgrades.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of all variations of boiler, central heating and electrical installations.
- Y and S Plan conversions, radiator/radiator valve replacement and wiring of heating controls.
- Understand the logic of condensing boilers and requirements of low water heat exchangers (i.e. the need for a pump live direct from boiler).
- Knowledge of building and gas safe regulations.
- Experience of the requirements of health and safety legislation, including the use of workplace risk assessments.
Essential Qualification and skills:
- Gas Safe registered (Minimum of 2 years remaining).
- Full driving license.
- General IT skills, the candidate will be required to complete documentation related to work activities, which may include the use of laptops or PDAs.
- Ability to act independently, prioritise work and make intelligent but pragmatic decisions whilst having the judgment to know when to discuss and gain support from management.
- Understanding of individual domestic customers and the requirements of excellent customer service.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience (these qualifications are essential)
- Part P Electrical Qualifications.
- Minimum Gas Level 2 City & Guilds
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.