We are currently looking for experienced Sous Chefs to join part of a kitchen team within a luxury hotel in Guildford. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Sous Chef who wishes to progress their career to the next level.
The role entails reporting to the Head Chef with responsibility for all aspects of food preparation from sourcing suppliers to delivering customer excellence in the finished dish..
Along with the product development planned for the hotel there are great opportunities to develop the food standards and offering.
This role is suitable for someone currently in a similar role, who is driven, hardworking and possesses a very high understanding of the kitchen. Excellent communication skills are crucial, as well as strong leadership skills and an ability to train new members of the team.
You will be responsible for
- Training Junior Chefs and helping with their development.
- Menu Planning and supplier resourcing ordering, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking and service across the range of food areas within the Hotel
- Development of menu ideas to progress the food offering to achieve rosette standards across all areas of service; restaurant, banqueting, afternoon tea and corporate functions
- Ensure compliance with HACCP and food hygiene,
- Driving the team with passion and flair to assist the hotel to achieve its quality and business objectives.
- Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
- Experience of developing and producing high quality restaurant food
- Hold the knowledge to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
- Demonstrate during a cooking trial the practical ability and flair that will be required to drive and motivate others on the team to achieve
- Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and there is a great remuneration package offered in return.
Salary of £22,000 - £26,000
This permanent role.
You must live in the UK Currently and have the right to work in the UK to be able to apply for this role.