I am now working closely with a design and manufacturing organisation based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire who due to expansion are now looking to recruit a Project Manager. This position is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to progress within a leading, well know organisation and take ownership within a management position.
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client currently employ circa 50 staff but are growing through a period of growth and due to this are looking to recruit a Project Manager to form part of the in-house product development team managing projects.
As the Project Manager you will report directly into the New Product Development Manager and will be responsible for all in-house product development & managing projects.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Form part of the in-house product development team managing projects.
- Planning all aspects of product development, implementation and product delivery to create a comprehensive schedule.
- Occasional management of on-going product improvements to existing products.
- Liaising and communicating with our manufactures and the team in China.
- Leading project meetings and ensuring timely delivery of all activities.
- Weekly reporting as well as design sign off meetings and gate sign off meetings.
Skills, Experience and Competencies for the position of Project Manager based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a project planning and delivery role
- 3-5 years' experience in a project planning and delivery role
- Background in managing mechanical engineering projects with internal teams of engineers as well as liaising with 3rd party Far East suppliers
- Preferably from consumer product experience
- Proven understanding of product development process from concept through to production ready design
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail.
- Good team player able to work alongside design, engineering and marketing personnel.
- Good written and verbal skills, capable of presenting to others.
- Fluent with Microsoft Project
Location / Department / Salary:
- Role is based in Sheffield
- Jobholder is a member of the New product development department.
- Jobholder may be required to travel periodically in UK, Europe, USA and China
- Salary £35,000 - £45,000.