Underwriting Team Leader
We have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriting Team Leader to be based in the Chatham, Kent area paying up to £42,000. The role is working for a retail bank and you will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of underwriters to ensure a positive and professional manner at all times. The Underwriting Team Leader will report to the Underwriting Manager with a strong engagement with key stakeholders within the business and key third parties.
Responsibilities for the role of Underwriting Team Leader
- Responsible for the management and service delivery of the Underwriting team, ensuring they provide a consistently high quality of customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Act as first contact on escalated queries or complaints from the Underwriting Team, escalating to the Underwriting Manager when necessary
- Communicate with intermediaries by telephone and in writing, handle objections and provide objective feedback to any questions.
- Hold an underwriting mandate within an assigned mandate level and ensure that both their own underwriting and that of their team members is of the highest standard.
- Provide weekly MI to team members relating to pre-offer pipeline and AIP's.
- Review department procedures and associated manuals
- Attendance at working groups and meetings as subject matter expert in Underwriting.
- Manage and lead on key Mortgage related live issues, conducting root cause analysis and corrective action planning.
- Assist with co-ordination and delivery of requests from internal and external auditors.
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to Management or the Compliance department immediately. Assist less experienced members of the team in this regard.
- Deputise for Line Manager and conduct ad-hoc duties as outlined by Line Manager.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment.
Experience required for the role of Underwriting Team Leader
- Previous line management experience is essential
- Previous experience working in a lending environment and holding an underwriting mandate is essential
- Experience working in a Financial Services industry is essential
Salary: Between £34-42,000 with extensive benefits and bonus
Benefits: Discretionary bonus - up to 10% of basic salary, 24 day's annual leave, life cover, child care vouchers, Pension and many more.
Location: Chatham, Kent
For more information regarding the role of Underwriting Team Leader please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days