Category Lead Buyer
My client are looking to recruit a Category Lead Buyer to join their team based Derby. They are the only provider to offer solutions spanning the entire life cycle of their niche product, the core element of their business has been the development and manufacturing process which they continue to improve. My client firmly believe in promoting from within, they are looking for someone with relevant experience who they can develop and take to the next level in their career.
If you are succesful in getting the role of Lead Category Buyer then you will become a key member of the team that are based in Derby and be required to carry out some of the following responsibilities:
- Carry out detailed spend analysis and produce category reviews together with recommended category strategies in conjunction with the Senior Category Lead Buyer.
- Responsible for all spend in given categories.
- Control of significant annual expenditure
- Look at all methods of reducing spend, including specifications, usage, life-cycles, price and working capital requirements.
- Prepare specifications in conjunction with end users and issue tenders.
- Analyse tenders and award contracts.
- Negotiate with suppliers to deliver cost savings.
- Work with existing suppliers to look at new products & methods of working.
- Investigate new sources of supply and alternative products / services.
- Input purchase orders and approve purchase requisitions as necessary.
- Develop methods and procedures of working and keep records of these up to date
- Liaise with production, planning and other teams to provide assistance where supply issues cannot be directly solved.
As a Category Lead Buyer you will be required to have some of the following key skills and qualities:
- Degree Educated
- MCIPS or working towards preferred
- Experience of Category Management Approaches
- Strategic Purchasing experience
- Analytical ability, with great attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experienced at persuading and influencing at all levels
- Capable of building category plans and implementing a strategy
- Demonstrable track record of delivering extensive bottom line benefits
- Ability to understand complex business issues
- Ability to network and build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong IT skills especially Excel, but also Word, Outlook and PowerPoint or equivalents
- MRP system experience
£22000 - £27000