Prison Nurse RGN
Prison Nurses (RGN) – primary care team
Band 5 role, salary including London weighting and recruitment bonus is up to £33,400
(NHS pensions/contracts can be continued)
Magnetic is seeking experienced Registered General Nurses (RGN) to provide primary care for patients with a wide range of conditions in a prison healthcare department similar to a walk-in centre, medical centre or A+E, where prisoners make appointments to see the doctor, nurse, dentist etc.
Full training will be given if you are new to prison healthcare, experience in this setting is not necessary, just the right attitude. New starters are often surprised at how relaxed and enjoyable working in a prison can be. This is an extremely varied role, no two days are the same, and offers fantastic opportunities for training to enhance your CPD.
The RGN role is much like a Practice Nurse role, dealing with ages from 18 to 80
The role will involve:
• Administration of medications
• General patient assessments and triage
• Health promotion activities such as smoking cessation, diet and weight management
• Management of chronic conditions such as diabetes mellitus, asthma and hypertension
Multi-agency work, health screening programs and data collection
• Attending to medical emergencies
• Close working relationships with the prison staff and involvement in a number of prison processes
• Discharge planning and liaising with the general hospital and other prisons
Shifts: 37.5 hrs per week, long days, main shifts and nights
• RGN-qualified (Registered General Nurse)
• Up to date NMC registration
• Openness to working within a secure/custodial environment, prison experience not essential
• Desire to undertake further training as appropriate
• Motivated and innovative
• Ability to have fun whilst delivering a high quality service
A full JD is available on request. If you are interested, please forward your CV ASAP as they will interview as soon as suitable candidates are identified.